You just get out of the bus after a15 minutes drive. You just came straight
To avoid this problem, its better you get your entrance tickets for
The Gate of Machu Picchu
The fees are different if you are Peruvian than if you are foreigner. If you are Peruvian AND show your ID, you will pay S/. 63.00 soles. If you are foreigner, you will pay S/. 124.00 soles. But if you are under 26 years old AND you have (and show) the ISIC card in the office, you just pay S/. 62.00 soles. Are you under 26 and you don’t have ISIC card? What are you waiting for? Go and apply for it!!
Fees (taken from INC Cusco website) :
- Foreigner Adult : S/. 124.00 soles (US$ 41.00 aprox.)
- Foreigner Student : S/. 62.00 soles (only if you show your ISIC card)
- Peruvian Adult : S/. 63.00 soles (DO NOT forget your DNI)
- Peruvian Student : S/. 31.00 soles (show some identification)
Machu Picchu entrance
If you are traveling with a tour agency, its sure you don’t have to be worried for the tickets; they would have arranged everything. But if you travel by your own, you have to go to
Another view of Machu Picchu
The tickets are valid just for three days from the day of purchase, but its valid just for one admission. You cant get into
The citadel of
Let’s make a summary of this info. FAQ about
Where do you buy the entrance tickets to
- In Aguas Calientes:
(10 meters away from Machu Picchu Cultural Center Main Square)
Cusco: San Bernardo Streets/n (some blocks away from Main Square).
How much doest the entrance ticket for
- Foreigner Adult : S/. 124.00 soles
- Foreigner Student : S/. 62.00 soles
- Peruvian Adult : S/. 63.00 soles
- Peruvian Student : S/. 31.00 soles
How long is the entrance ticket for Machu Picchu valid?
- Its valid just for one admission and for 3 days for the day on purchase
Whencan I buy the tickets?
- In Aguas Calientes everyday; the
opens from until . Machu Picchu Cultural Center
Can I pay the entrance tickets with a credit card?
- No, the payment is only in SOLES.
Is there an additional tax for entry to
- No, everything is included in the entrance ticket price.
At what time can I enter to the citadel of
- Machu Picchu opens at and you can stay there until